« Home | My Medication Experiences » | Some more history » | heeeey » | Intro » 

Saturday, March 04, 2006 

Poignant song

Still reading Jane's blog. She posted the lyrics to a song that resonates with her, and here's one that does it for me.

Simon by Lifehouse

catch your breath
hit the wall
scream out loud
as you start to crawl
back in your cage
the only place
where they will
leave you alone

'cause the weak will seek the weaker until they've broken them
could you get it back again
would it be the same?

fulfillment to their lack of strength at your expense
left you with no defense
they tore it down

CHORUS:
and i have felt the same
as you, I've felt the same
as you, I've felt the same

locked inside
the only place
where you feel sheltered
where you feel safe
you lost yourself
in your search to find
something else
to hide behind

the fearful always preyed upon your confidence
did they see the consequence
when they pushed you around?

the arrogant build kingdoms made of the different ones
breaking them 'til they've become
just another crown

CHORUS

refuse to feel
anything at all
refuse to slip
refuse to fall

can't be weak
can't stand still
you watch your back
cause no one will

you don't know why they had to go this far
traded your worth for these scars
for your only company

don't believe the lies that they have told to you
not one word was true

you're alright, you're alright, you're alright

CHORUS

About me

  • I'm Carolyn a/k/a DramaPrincess a/k/a
    Philly Girl In Missouri
  • I live in Farm Country in Missouri
  • MySpace

Subscribe To My Blog