« Home | No, I'm not manic. LOL » | And on being depressed... » | On being manic.... » | Poignant song » | My Medication Experiences » | Some more history » | heeeey » | Intro » 

Saturday, March 04, 2006 

Hi ho, it's back to school I go

I started going to college when I had my daughter (I was 21). But being a single parent who works full time really, really makes school difficult. And being bipolar doesn't help, either. I get a lot of the ADD type symptoms with distractibility, etc. Whenever I've gone to school in the past I've taken night classes, but I simply don't have the ability to study without being distracted. Outside of work, I'm a single parent, and it's hard to work/study with a kid constantly wanting your attention. And if I stay up too late then it messes me up for the next day at work.

So my boss, the wonderful guy that he is, is allowing me starting in May to work part time. Instead of 40 hours a week I will do 30-34. That will give me time at home, alone, with no kid, to concentrate on my school work. And he's allowing me to keep my health insurance!!!! Right now he pays all of it; when I go part time he'll still pay 2/3!!!

I am SO excited about this. I only have 17 credits left to get my associate's degree making me a paralegal (which is sad when I started school 10 years ago, lol) and so if all goes as planned, I'll graduate in December!

The "scary" thing will be that when I graduate I'm moving on to another job. I'm currently a "legal assistant" but when I'm done I will be an official associate-degree-holding paralegal. Damn, I guess I'll have to buy a real wardrobe, the "business casual" thing I can do here prolly won't fly in a firm big enough to have paralegals. LOL But seriously - I am sort of scared, though more excited, about moving on... I am so in my "comfort zone" here, been there 3 years...

About me

  • I'm Carolyn a/k/a DramaPrincess a/k/a
    Philly Girl In Missouri
  • I live in Farm Country in Missouri
  • MySpace

Subscribe To My Blog