« Home | Time for another update » | It's been a while! » | Undecided » | Still manic » | Saw the psychologist last night » | Happy Monday » | And behind door # 3... an oncoming depression » | Random Thoughts » | Hi ho, it's back to school I go » | No, I'm not manic. LOL » 

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 

Another update

I have been taking the meds like I am supposed to and overall am doing well. The one thing that won't go away is what is called "racing thoughts" - where I CONSTANTLY have a snippet of a song or conversation or something running through my head on a never ending loop. I HATE that. Sometimes I have to figure out where it came from. Earlier it was a song that I don't like. It was on the PA system at Walmart, though I hadn't consciously paid attention to it. The binge eating comes and goes. If I miss just a few doses of the Lamictal I get VERY cranky. The other night I got pissy from some minor things and I wanted to go out and drive aimlessly like a maniac (I chose not to because I had to get up for work the next day), drink alcohol (I didn't because my daughter was home), and throw things around and cause damage (I didn't to avoid pissing off Walter). I slept on the couch because I knew I was going to start a fight over some really dumb shit so I just forced myself to stay in the living room alone. The next day Walter asked me what was wrong (I was 'normal' again by then) and I told him and that was the end of it. So at least I'm able to control it. That's good, right?