« Home | Still manic » | Saw the psychologist last night » | Happy Monday » | And behind door # 3... an oncoming depression » | Random Thoughts » | Hi ho, it's back to school I go » | No, I'm not manic. LOL » | And on being depressed... » | On being manic.... » | Poignant song » 

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 

Undecided

I can't decide if I am still manic or not. Yesterday all the lack of sleep finally caught up to me and I fell asleep around 9. But then I was wide awake at 5:30 again. I should point out that is when Walter's alarm clock goes off; I'm not just randomly waking. But it's strange in that I usually require my sleep regularly.. an hour or two late to bed and usually the next morning I'm groggy as all hell, and definitely need to go to bed early that night.

Another thing the psychologist said the other night was that people with bipolar disorder (and other things too of course) have to teach themselves ways to cope. I realized that I have already done that in terms of my distractibility/forgetfulness. If I'm in the car or not home and think of something I need to do I email myself from my cell phone. When I have appointments I set an alarm on my cell for that morning to remind me. Stuff like that.

I have times when my sleep patterns are messed up too. Like I'll be awake for three or four days straight and then finally crash, only to wake up a couple of hours later and spend three more days wide awake.

Being cognizant of my sleeping patterns is usually a great way to help anticipate some sort of mood shift. If I notice it for one or two days I will call the doctor, because you are right we have to teach ourselves about ourselves ;)

I agree with what Mom says. Let it be a warning to keep you on your toes. It sounds like right now, things aren't out of control, but only you know for sure. Sometimes energetic periods can be helpful. Heck, I'd sure be happy to get a period of energy for even the shortest period of time, LOL. When I become manic, it's just irribility, not energy of any sort.
I hope things mellow out for you.

There are times when I won't retain ANYTHING. I'm still trying to figure out when those times are. But just like you said, I've gotten in the habit of writing down, or emailing myself reminders. If it wasn't for calendar reminders on my computers and Palm, I'd be in a world of hurt.

Hi, I just stopped by to visit, hoping you'd written recently. Maybe you will soon.

Post a Comment