« Home | Self-induced (hypo)mania? » | Slightly better » | Ugh - manic again » | Another update » | Time for another update » | It's been a while! » | Undecided » | Still manic » | Saw the psychologist last night » | Happy Monday » 

Monday, September 25, 2006 

Better... for the moment

Thanks to all of you who left comments on the previous post. :)

The day after I stayed up all night I went to bed at 9 pm and woke up at 6:30 am as normal. Then that night I stayed up till 2 am and got up for work at 7 am. I was fine on Friday, so both times I didn't get the normal sleep it didn't affect me much at all.

It seems like every time I get manic, I feel good for a few days, then my body crashes. Yesterday I felt like utter crap. I went to bed Friday around 11 and woke up around 10, got up, made breakfast, and went to school from 2-6. (I will graduate in December with an AAS as a paralegal! Yay!). After school I went to my girlfriend's house till 8:30 or so. I went to bed around 11 and woke up at 9 and I was still tired. I vegetated for a while, made breakfast, ate, and went back to bed around 11 and slept until 2:30 when my daughter woke me up and I had a hell of a time waking up. It was my boyfriend's birthday and I was making dinner for his whole family and let me tell you, I did NOT feel like it. I felt slightly nauseaus and had that jittery anxiety thing going on. I felt nervous for no particular reason. I felt a little better when I was making dinner and throughout, then when I got home around 9 I read for a little while and was tired again by 9:30. I had a hell of a time waking up again around 7:15 and it's now a little past 8:30 and I'm at work and still tired.

For the last week I have done way too much shopping. I haven't paid my health insurance or car insurance which were both due on the 1st. I justified it by knowing that I get social security for my daughter (her dad is dead) this Wednesday and I could pay them by then. This is true, but I still shouldn't have spent all the money I did.

I am currently on Lamictal, 300 mg in the morning and 150 mg at night. It controls my rages WONDERFULLY but obviously it doesn't control the (hypo)mania. I put the hypo in parenthesis because I really don't know how to tell the difference between the two. I am also on a low dose of Zoloft, but I have never had a big problem with depression anyway.

About a year and a half ago I was put on Risperdal and it made me gain like 30 lbs in a month so I went off of it with the psych's permission. I haven't lost that weight and it's a problem because I was overweight to begin with. I've gained 100 lbs since high school - yikes! And I am nearly 50lb heavier than the day I delivered my daughter. He then put me on Geodon but I had a bad reaction to it (think drinking like 10 cups of coffee in an hour) and Abilify which made me nauseaus, so then I was just on the Lamictal. For quite a while I was fine, then started getting manic again and he increased my Lamictal about a month and a half ago, and now I'm not doing so hot. However, the binge eating has essentially stopped. But on the other hand, I've still got song snippets in my head CONSTANTLY.

I still have some Risperdal and the dr. had told me before that if I felt manic I could take it as needed. I like having all the extra energy so I didn't take it until last night when I felt crappy. I've got to stop doing that, because that day of feeling crappy just sucks! I am afraid of going on the Risperdal on a regular basis again because of the weight gain. He was thinking about putting me on Lithium, but decided not to because in the next year or so I plan to get pregnant.

I feel OK today except for being tired. Hopefully I'll be stable again for a good while.

I know how you feel, I wrote about this very thing in my blog just yesterday.

Hey! I went to college to become a Paralegal. I LOVED learning Family Law and I LOVED Legal Research and Writing..

Good luck to you!

I remember the times I would stay up all night with racing thoughts. 48 hours was my worst. I couldn't go to sleep one night and then I couldn't go to sleep the next night either. I was really worried about the night after that.

Last night I was up 'till 2:30am obsessing about computer stuff. I woke up around 6:45. Hmmm 4 hours and 15 minutes of sleep. Is that enough?

Why am I not tired?

Gosh, I couldn't take the meds you couldn't take either. But I also couldn't take Lamictal; I actually bit Tarzans arm (on purpose) on that. The only thing I can take as a mood stabilizer is Neurontin.

Well, here's what I think, k? The nervousness & jittery while your boyfriends family was there? Your social phobia. That's why you felt better as you were cooking. You were in your own element & had 'something', know what I mean? I'm like that & have found doing the dishes at get togethers to be my salvation, LOL.

1 thing that's helped me a lot (I just figured this out recently) is I take all of my meds that make me tired 1 hour before bedtime. That way I don't go to bed & read until 3am. I just crash. I've been waking up like a normal human...it's kinda cool.

good luck & remember, sometimes you just gotta go with it.

You have to remember all the energy you body uses in the manic stage. You're mind wants to keep going, do more...but your body cannot keep up.

Good luck.

Hello! You left a comment on one of my blogs - and I wanted to stop by to thank you. I can relate to many of the things you say - feel free to contact me if you ever want to chat! **Hugs** Devils_Candee_Girl@yahoo.com

Post a Comment