« Home | New health problems into the mix » | Better... for the moment » | Self-induced (hypo)mania? » | Slightly better » | Ugh - manic again » | Another update » | Time for another update » | It's been a while! » | Undecided » | Still manic » 

Saturday, October 07, 2006 

The post-manic "crash"

this was written on Sept 26 but I forgot to post it, oops!

Dream Writer at Coming Out Of The Dark wrote recently, "My psychiatrist told me that when a person is going through a high mania - they are high from their natural Adrenaline and when they fall, they crash hard."

I did not know that anyone besides me experiences that. I've never read about it. I've mentioned the crashing to my dr. but he never specifically told me it was related.

Now I understand why I am more out of breath even though I am more energetic when I'm high. I also have Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia. That is another contributing factor to me being so damn fat. Any exercise makes me out of breath quickly. Going up and down a flight of steps to do laundry sends my pulse to 180. I've been treated for it but the meds that keep it tolerable (I don't go above 140 beats per minute) also make me very, very sleepy, and what's the point of keeping my heart rate down if I'm too tired to do anything? Up until 2002 I was told I had supraventricular tachycardia, but they did an ablation which didn't do a damn bit of good, then they changed my diagnosis to IST. Bleh.

wow, that was my pattern exactly with school, thanks for telling me you made it! Woke up this morning, delightfully still intoxicated and then had wonderful espresso and choclate blended to make the elixer of the gods...WHY does coffee induce such WONDERFUL immediate fantasticness for bipolar people?? why?!
Anyway, I was reading about your physical dilema....have u ever tried stretching or yoga or pilates....stretch burns alot off you and builds more muscle than u think. Pilates gets more blood circulating than a marathon! My mom was a ballet dancer and the pressure to be strong but not overdeveloped caused them to have a very interesting workout. Also rock climbing is an excellent non-cardio activity as I completely forget I'm doing anything physical..(very good for the mind...)...if u can afford it.

Just came over to let you know that I've started an online support group, if you're interested.

I forgot to thank you for posting on my 100th entry.

Hi, I hope you're doing alright.

You’ve been awful quiet lately…where have you been? You ok?

God yes. The worst is the fall after...or even worse, the feeling right before you fall, when things just seem to be spinning out of control.

Just found the blog, and am glad.

Post a Comment