« Home | Heart surgery on 11/27 » | The post-manic "crash" » | New health problems into the mix » | Better... for the moment » | Self-induced (hypo)mania? » | Slightly better » | Ugh - manic again » | Another update » | Time for another update » | It's been a while! » 

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 

Home from the hospital

I am home now. They did the sinus node ablation and cardiac mapping yesterday. I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia and so they kept me overnight. The procedure started around 1 pm and I only barely remember waking for a few minutes at 9 pm, then again around 1am and 4 am, but I was throwing up alot which I don't remember much of. Overnight there were several 5-6 second pauses in my heart rate, but that could have been on account of getting sick, so I have a Holter monitor now, and he sees me again on the 18th. My resting heart rate is now about 48, and he wants me to do some moderate activity while I've got the Holter on (I'll probably do tomorrow morning) and let him know how I'm feeling. Based on that and the Holter results he'll decide if I need the pacemaker or not.

Best wishes to you.

Hope that all goes well.

Post a Comment